Saturday, January 23, 2010

I love mountains. That’s one of the main reasons I’ve missed Alaska…Nowhere are the mountains as amazing as they are here!

When I finally got my rear end out of bed, I realized it was going to be a crystal clear day in Fairbanks, so I went out for a drive.

There’s nothing like a blue sky on a winter day!!



I drove up Farmer’s Loop road, then up the Steese Highway. I should have gone to the Goldstream Road lookout, but I thought I’d pay a visit to the pipeline first:



(Um… Duh…)


Unfortunately, I took a little too long getting where I needed to go to see the mountains, but I did get a few shots of the Alaska Range. Even Denali decided to show her face (she’s shy & usually hides, even on clear days!):



See her? She’s there, just to the right of the sun… No? Here’s a close-up:



See? She’s right there in the middle, just to the left of that clump of trees. That’s the highest point in North America and the tallest mountain in the world (measured base to peak). Yeah, I need to work on my photography skills… I also need to get my butt out of bed earlier.


Here’s the rest of the Alaska Range from Farmer’s Loop Road. I wish my pictures did it justice for those of you who’ve never had the fortune to see it in person:



Since it’s Saturday, and I have no life, I went downtown in search of something. I didn’t find what I was looking for, but I did find an old friend:



…and blew my extra weekly Weight Watchers points on:



That’s Alaska blueberry baby!!

(oh, and that bite was for you Rachel!)


YUM.


One last shot (downtown Fairbanks at -10):



2 comments:

Monika said...

Whatever that ALASKA BLUEBERRY BABY was, get me some!!!!! take a bite for MONIKA too!!! lol what is it?!?!??!?

Manta said...

LOL Fudge... REALLY yummy fudge! AK blueberry & cranberry are my faves.