Saturday, January 16, 2010

HOCKEY!!!

I haven't been to a hockey game in a LONG time... like since high school.

So, when my roommate suggested we go, I was all over it!

OK, so I thought it was going to be a UAF game, but it turned out to be an Ice Dogs game... Oops! I really need to listen more carefully...




So, it was my roommate Maggie, me, and my good friend Kelley (who has been my salvation since I got here!)


Kelley & I entertained ourselves playing with the settings on my camera:


Obligatory Zamboni shot:


It was a good game... lots of action... a couple of fights... and...


OVERTIME


Unfortunately, Kenai outshot Fairbanks & won the game. Ah well...

When we left the Big Dipper, it was snowing outside.
I LOVE snow in Fairbanks, because:

a-it's pretty & the night sky is rosy
b-it warms up! It was -30 this morning and it's -7 now... Woot!!
c-less snow = more fires in the summertime

Here's Fairbanks when it's snowing (though, the pictures don't do it justice...especially when I'm not using a tripod...but my tripod is in Houston...oops):


2 comments:

Chaos said...

Lovely snow :)

Monika said...

HEEEEY!!!! THERE YOU ARE!!! YOU REALLY ARE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! LOL LOVED SEEING YOUR FACE. POST MORE OF THOSE.