What was I doing 10 years ago?
Summer '98 was my first summer driving for Holland America in Fairbanks. Fun job & good money. I was in the midst of wandering my way through a BA in History Teaching at BYU.
What's on my to-do list for today?
- Finally start working on my scope & sequence for World History
- Continue drying out the carpet in my spare room from last week's A/C leak
- Move stuff from the backyard to the garage in case Tropical Storm Edouard hits Houston
- Pray that Tropical Storm Edouard doesn't hit Houston... or at least doesn't turn into a hurricane before it does
3 Things you might not know about me:
1. My secret ambition is to live on every continent at some point (except Antarctica... don't think they need teachers there)
2. I like snakes & lizards... I trap the geckos that get in my house & put them outside so Toni won't kill them.
3. I secretly want to see what a hurricane is like... but not really
3 Bad Habits of mine:
1. Procrastinating
2. Staying up late when I know darn well that I'll be awake at 6:30 regardless
3. Talking too much when I should just shut up.
4 tv shows/movies I love:
- Lost
- Lord of the Rings (best book adaptation ever)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (not for the story, but just for the aesthetic aspect
- Anything superhero-ish. I can't stand comic books, but I love the movie versions!
4 books I love:
Too many to list, so what I've read recently:
- Lord of the Rings
- Twilight (not a classic, but a fun read)
- Inkheart
- Book of Mormon (cliche, I know, but I love it!)
4 jobs I've had:
-fast food (Wendy's, KFC, Subway... aka, the only job I ever got fired from)
-Coach Commander (aka tour bus driver in AK)
-pizza delivery (not glamorous, but really fun)
-Teaching!!
4 places I've lived:
-Alaska--Fairbanks & Kodiak
-South Korea--Seoul & Gwangju
-Washington State--I only claim Seattle
-The Republic of Tejas
5 of my favorite foods:
-Indian food--especially this fabulous soup I had at the Indian place in UB... so good, but I can't remember what it's called!
-Homemade hamburgers
-Galbi
-Grilled salmon w/ lemon pepper seasoning
-Mexican
-Mediterranean (yeah, I know this is 6, but it's my new fave so I have to add it)
No comments:
Post a Comment