Aftermath
Update on Post-Ike-ness:
- I got power back on Wednesday (Yay!)
- My friend Rebecca's husband fixed my water heater so I had water on Wednesday too (Double Yay!)
- My A/C wasn't working on Wednesday. Fortunately, the weather has been relatively cool, but I was worried.
- On Thursday, I turned on the A/C again. My neighbor came running over and told me to turn it off because there was something wrong. Turns out, Ike had stuck a stick in my A/C fan. If I'd left it on much longer, I'da burned out the whole thing. I have cool neighbors (and now, A/C)
- I'm getting annoyed at not having a fence. Sure, it's not an essential thing, but it's a pain in the butt to have to take the dog out. Grr.
- I finally ventured out to the store. Target has been open since Sunday on generators. They'd gotten shipments of milk, but the frozen food aisle was... well:

- ...sparse
- I go back to work on Monday. I have mixed feelings about this. It'll be nice to get back to normalcy, but I really hate getting up at 4:45.
No comments:
Post a Comment