1-If you haven't heard, I've accepted a job in Houston. I know it's the right decision, because I found out just hours after that my former temporary job in Fairbanks (which I LOVED) was available and I still feel good about going to Houston.
So, I'll be back in a few weeks.
2-I posted a bunch of pics on my facebook page. Rather than re-post them here, here's the link.
3-The Taylor Highway, a key road on the highway tour I've been driving, has washed out worse than ever before in history (it washes out at some point every year).
Read about it here. Only one person is known missing. Unfortunately, it is our customs guy, Chuck, who processes us and our guests when we arrive in Eagle on the Yukon Queen II. (read about that here.
As a result, instead of driving from Tok to Eagle, then riding the Queen to Dawson, we drove to Beaver Creek and flew to Dawson on this:

No one knows how long the highway will be under construction. It's a HUGE mess, so I may never make it back to Eagle this summer. That makes me sad.
2 comments:
Yay! I am so happy you are coming back! Sorry to hear about the highway.
CONGRATS on your job! SO HAPPY for you! YAY!
Post a Comment