SPRING TRIP 2009!!
Last week was the annual YES Prep Southeast 10th Grade Southern College Tour (Or YPSGSCT for short... j/k).
My 7 fearless colleagues and I wandered through the South with 81 10th graders, touring:

LSU
and
Rhodes College
(aka Hogwarts)
In a nutshell:

- No one got sent home (although 4 came very close...)
- No one fell out of a 5th story hotel window (although they tried)
- No one committed a felony... that I know of
- A lot of the YES Prep class of 2011 is thinking about applying to Vanderbilt
- I gained about 5 pounds as a result of eating out every meal (blech)
- We all learned a lot about the Civil Rights movement (see pics below!)
- I, for one, LOVED live music on Beale Street!!
YES Prep SE Class of 2011!!
National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis, TN
Blossoms on the Vanderbilt campus, Nashville, TN
For some reason, there was this bizarre fascination with Mr. V's hair... ?
Mauricio had been waiting for MONTHS to hear live blues at BB King's. I think he enjoyed it more than I did! (dunno what Mr. Mulholland was trying to tell him)
The kids listen to a presentation about life at Rhodes College
Someone left a purple mitten in the pot of pansies at Rhodes...
2 comments:
So is your blog a secret that I shouldn't have stumbled on?
I like it! I like you!
Your trip looks like a blast. It's making me jealous!
THANKS THANKS!!
Post a Comment